In the beginning
The Elmco® Group, originally Earl L. Morris Company, was founded in 1945. Earl L. Morris (1913-2003), the founder, was born in Los Angeles, California. During World War II, he sold pipe valves, fittings and other related products to many Southern California shipyards.
In late 1940, Earl recognized that the type of products he enjoyed selling were specified by the engineer, and sold and installed as specified. Five years later, he founded the Earl L. Morris Company on the principle of selling the finest engineered plumbing products available. In the early 1950's the company's name was changed to Elmco Sales, Inc. (ELMCO is an acronym for Earl L. Morris Company). The company's name remained Elmco Sales until 2012, when it was renamed Elmco Group.